Customised SolutionsOur disciplined, rules-based portfolio construction processes, combined with rigorous risk analysis, underpin our pursuit of investment excellence. Our proprietary models enable us to analyse large volumes of data – giving us insight into the factors driving market returns, while removing behavioural biases.
- Indexation. Our indexation funds aim to deliver returns in line with the benchmark and at a much lower cost than traditional active portfolios. Using a mathematical and systematic approach to replicate an index, we hold an optimal blend of securities that minimises both the tracking error and return differentials relative to the benchmark. View our Indexation Funds
- Risk-managed. This actively managed fund’s investment approach is driven by targeted risk and return objectives. The aim is to ensure investors do not suffer significant losses during turbulent market periods, while also providing consistent, above-inflation returns. Capital is protected through local and global diversification and the use of derivatives. View Our Dynamic Floor Fund
- Quantitative. These actively managed funds use an objective, quantitative process to generate outperformance. This range of funds also includes our Shari’ah-compliant solutions that adhere to Islamic investment principles. See our Shari'ah Funds
- Perfect blend of human judgement and technology.
We use proprietary quantitative models to analyse masses of financial and economic data. These tools help identify investment opportunities and protects from emotional biases. To implement our investment views using these models requires highly skilled and experienced professionals.
- Risk management.
Reducing volatility is a deliberate and explicit part of our investment process. We construct portfolios to have the optimal level of risk for the desired return outcomes.
- ESG integration.
Environmental, social and governance considerations are included in our investment processes in a manner applicable to each fund’s mandate. Our funds all benefit from active ownership, which includes proxy voting and engaging with management to proactively drive change and long-term sustainable outcomes.
- Stable, long-term-track record.
We have been successfully implementing bespoke hedging solutions for our clients for over 18 years. We are also one of South Africa’s largest index managers and have niche expertise in tracking less liquid, complex and emerging markets.
- Derivative usage.
Our size and stature in the South African derivatives markets, coupled with our long-standing relationships with key banks and brokers, gives us a considerable advantage and ensures we get the best pricing from counterparties.
Our flagship unit trusts range of ten funds out of a total 40 unit trusts