Old Mutual EquitiesWe rely on in-depth market analysis in managing our funds to deliver long-term, repeatable returns. We follow a fundamental valuation approach that is enhanced by considering the company attributes of quality, growth and sentiment. This analysis enhances our ability to achieve more stable returns through various market cycles. Equally important is incorporating skilful risk management in our investment decisions.
- We offer investors exposure to actively managed South African equity funds that aim to outperform their benchmarks with less volatility. We invest in companies that have excellent long-term prospects, are well managed ethical businesses and are attractively valued.
- Old Mutual Investors’ Fund is South Africa’s longest running unit trust. It aims to deliver superior returns over the medium to longer term through a broadly diversified portfolio of shares.
- Old Mutual Equity Fund aims to deliver long-term capital growth by investing in South African and international shares. Local market exposure focuses predominantly on the top 100 shares.
- Old Mutual Gold Fund invests in the shares of gold and other precious metals companies that show above-average growth prospects.
- Old Mutual Mid & Small-Cap Fund invests in SA’s growth businesses, targeting companies with a market capitalisation smaller than the company with the lowest market capitalisation listed on the FTSE/JSE Large Cap Index.
- Old Mutual Mining & Resources Fund invests in mining and resources companies showing above average prospects for long-term capital growth.
- Cognitive diversity within a dynamic, well-resourced team.
We are a highly experienced, well-qualified and diverse team. A collaborative leadership style ensures that investment ideas are challenged and debated, with only the best-ranked companies being selected.
- We focus on more than just value.
Our distinctive approach of combining valuations with a deep understanding of the quality of a company, its earnings growth potential and market sentiment assists us in delivering a more consistent source of alpha over time.
- Risk management through intelligent portfolio construction.
Our disciplined portfolio construction process provides detailed insight into each share’s contribution to portfolio volatility. This enables us to create an optimal, risk-adjusted portfolio of shares and enhances our ability to achieve more stable returns through various market cycles.
- ESG integration.
Environmental, social and governance considerations are a core component of our investment philosophy. Our proprietary ESG analysis helps identify issues that currently, or at some point in the future, may materially impact the long-term value of a company. Our model is used to score companies on their ESG ratings and their ability to grow sustainably. We have been independently recognised as industry leaders in Responsible Investing in South Africa (by Kigoda Consulting,
an independent consultancy that offers specialist political risk and responsible investment advisory services in sub-Saharan Africa).
Our flagship unit trusts range of ten funds out of a total 40 unit trusts