Futuregrowth Asset ManagementThe key components to generating returns are our interest rate strategy and asset selection process, with the aim to take advantage of opportunities in the lending market. Our interest rate strategy (or market timing) is driven by top-down research that considers fundamental economic factors and market influences (like politics and global risk appetite) and a bottom-up approach to assess asset valuations. The asset selection process, on the other hand, involves adding value by taking advantage of deals in the listed and unlisted credit space.
- We manage rand-denominated interest-bearing funds that aim to protect and grow investors’ savings.
- Old Mutual Bond Fund offers a combination of capital growth and high income yields. It invests in public and private sector bonds and deposits across the full spectrum of the yield curve.
- Old Mutual Income Fund invests in local interest-bearing investments, including fixed and floating-rate bonds and money market instruments. The fund offers a high level of income with relative capital stability.
- Old Mutual Interest Plus Fund is a specialist yield-enhanced money market portfolio that offers diversification, high liquidity and very low volatility.
- Old Mutual Money Market Fund aims to deliver a regular income and outperform bank deposits over time, while also preserving capital. It invests in money market securities with a maturity of less than 12 months.
- Market leaders.
We are one of South Africa’s largest fixed-interest investment managers.
- Diverse expertise.
Our investment professionals use their skills and diverse experience to invest across most sectors of the fixed income and credit markets.
- Broad mandates.
We favour broad mandates that allow us to manage several potential sources of performance, improve liquidity and increase diversification.
- Independent thinkers.
We apply investment judgment based on informed, diligent, objective and independent analysis. We never rely on official credit ratings to make investment decisions, nor to price or value investments.
- ESG screening.
Environmental, social and governance considerations are deeply integrated in our investment and risk assessments. We are known for our investor activism and relentlessly engage with entities. Effecting sustainable change leads to better quality investments and strengthens the bond and pension fund industry.
Our flagship unit trusts range of ten funds out of a total 40 unit trusts