MacroSolutionsOur approach to managing multi-asset class funds combines “top down” macroeconomic research with “bottom up” fundamental analysis. The structured implementation of this two-dimensional framework enables us to capturer different sources of outperformance (alpha). Portfolio construction and risk management are at the heart of this integrated approach.
- Our suite of funds comprises risk-adjusted, multi-asset class solutions that span the risk/return spectrum.
- Old Mutual Real Income Fund aims to provide an income that grows in line with inflation, while minimising capital losses. It may invest up to 30% of its portfolio in foreign assets.
- Old Mutual Stable Growth Fund invests up to 40% of its portfolio in equities as it aims to outperform inflation, provide a modest income and minimise capital losses.
- Old Mutual Moderate Balanced Fund aims to achieve long-term inflation-beating growth and can invest up to 60% of the portfolio in equities and 30% in foreign assets.
- Old Mutual Balanced Fund has a bias to shares as it aims to achieve long-term inflation-beating growth. It may invest up to 30% of its portfolio in foreign assets.
- Old Mutual Flexible Fund aims to deliver long-term equity-like returns, but with less volatility. It has the flexibility to invest in less risky asset classes when they offer better value.
- Old Mutual Maximum Return Fund of Funds invests primarily in a selection of Old Mutual‘s local and global funds as it aims to generate maximum returns over the long term.
- Disciplined framework.
By using a structured, disciplined and measurable implementation framework, our philosophy captures both price (valuation) and the theme (environment) in a two-dimensional approach.
We access a wide range of asset classes to provide superior risk-adjusted returns to our clients.
- Integrated approach.
We consider the interplay between the asset classes, sectors and sub sectors. We also look at each holding’s contribution to the portfolio’s overall sensitivity to different macro drivers, such as currency or interest rate risk.
- Size sweet spot.
We are nimble enough to implement our investment ideas swiftly, while being part of a group with excellent infrastructure and support.
- ESG integration.
Environmental, social and governance factors are incorporated in our investment decisions at both a macroeconomic and company level. This feeds into responsible ownership in two ways: firstly, whether to own an asset and, secondly, how we influence outcomes on assets we already own.
Our flagship unit trusts range of ten funds out of a total 40 unit trusts