- If you are retrenched or resign, you need a place to preserve and grow the proceeds of your previous employer’s pension or provident fund. The Old Mutual Preservation Pension Fund accepts the proceeds of pension funds, while the Old Mutual Preservation Provident Fund accepts the proceeds of provident funds.
- As it is a unit trust-linked investment you can tailor your portfolio to suit your specific needs, and benefit from the ability to switch between unit trusts to restructure your portfolio as your investor profile changes. Access to our Investment Series as well as our range of over 40 unit trusts enables you to diversify your investment across regions, sectors and economies. Your transfers in are untaxed.
- These funds only accept lump sum investments and you may not make ad hoc or top-up investments.
- You may access your capital prior to retirement, as determined by the product rules.
- Download the Old Mutual Preservation Funds Brochure for more information.
- PRESERVE YOUR FUNDS NOW - complete the application form or speak to your financial planner.
If you leave your investment for a long period of time, the investment not only grows each year, but grows exponentially. The interest is called compound interest, and is the key to long-term growth and wealth.
Compounding simply means making on your original investment as well as on the gains made the following years (i.e. growth on growth over time). In short, as your money makes money, so it should make more, a relatively simple concept that, over time, Is hugely beneficial.
Finding the right retirement product to help you plan for your retirement is one of the most important aspects of financial planning. This is because the amount you manage to save and invest wisely while you are earning will determine your retirement income, and therefore your quality of life. This includes the food you eat, the type of home you can live in, the holidays you can afford to take and the quality of your medical care.
Unit trusts are an affordable and a simple way to save for your retirement because they offer you the choice and flexibility to invest in funds that are suited to your life stage. You can build a retirement portfolio of unit trusts to supplement your retirement savings, or you can enjoy all these benefits and more if you invest in the Old Mutual Unit Trusts Retirement Annuity Fund. Whichever you choose, remember it is best to start early – discover the value of time in the market.
Time is money and we’re not about to waste yours. With our swift and simple online application process, you can apply to invest from your work desk, from home or even when you’re on vacation – whenever it suits you best.