Whether you’re investing via our secure site or through your financial planner, it is important that you understand what you are buying.
- Unit trusts offer you the flexibility to tailor a portfolio that suits your specific investment needs and time horizon.
- You can buy them direct or through a financial planner.
- You can access the stock exchange without needing knowledge or experience of investing in equities.
- The ability to diversify (spread) your investment across markets, sectors and economies greatly reduce your investment risk.
- Money invested in unit trusts is easily accessible, especially in times of emergency.
- Unit trusts are tax-efficient, providing tax exemptions on interest income and capital gains tax.
- Unit trusts offer exciting capital growth opportunities over the medium to long-term.
- Online transactional capability: you can buy, sell and switch units in your portfolio online.
If you leave your investment for a long period of time, the investment not only grows each year, but grows exponentially. The interest is called compound interest, and is the key to long-term growth and wealth.
Compounding simply means making on your original investment as well as on the gains made the following years (i.e. growth on growth over time). In short, as your money makes money, so it should make more, a relatively simple concept that, over time, Is hugely beneficial.
Did you know that when investing, your money is working for you through a simple concept called compounding growth?
Finding the right retirement product to help you plan for your retirement is one of the most important aspects of financial planning. This is because the amount you manage to save and invest wisely while you are earning will determine your retirement income, and therefore your quality of life. This includes the food you eat, the type of home you can live in, the holidays you can afford to take and the quality of your medical care.
Unit trusts are an affordable and a simple way to save for your retirement because they offer you the choice and flexibility to invest in funds that are suited to your life stage. You can build a retirement portfolio of unit trusts to supplement your retirement savings, or you can enjoy all these benefits and more if you invest in the Old Mutual Unit Trusts Retirement Annuity Fund. Whichever you choose, remember it is best to start early – discover the value of time in the market.
Time is money and we’re not about to waste yours. With our swift and simple online application process, you can apply to invest from your work desk, from home or even when you’re on vacation – whenever it suits you best.
It's easier than ever to invest.