- Save money as often as you want. You can invest a lump sum, make regular payments on a monthly basis, make ad hoc payments or opt for all three, with no penalties.
- Access to the full range of Old Mutual’s best performing unit trust funds.
- Tailor your investment portfolio to suit your specific retirement needs.
- Access your portfolio 24/7 in our secure online environment, where you can manage your unit trust investment at any time.
- Switch between unit trusts to restructure your portfolio as your investor profile changes.
- Retirement annuity contributions are tax deductible.
- Any capital appreciation in the value of your units is currently tax free*.
- Option to invest online or through your planner.
- INVEST NOW for your retirement - simply start saving for retirement online,
download the application form or speak to your financial planner about investing in unit trust-based retirement annuities.
Old Mutual Retirement Annuity contributions are tax-deductible, within legislative limits, and any capital appreciation in the value of your units is currently tax free. You may not access your investment until you retire.
Please read the Retirement Annuity brochure for details on the tax benefits as well as the other features and benefits of this very attractive retirement investment.
Best of all, you can manage your investment portfolio online, 24/7, by registering for our secure services.
- Old Mutual Retirement Annuity Application Form | Fund List
- Old Mutual Retirement Annuity Brochure
- INVEST NOW for your retirement - simply start saving for retirement online or download the application form, get a call back, call 0860 234 234 or speak to your financial planner about investing in unit trust-based retirement annuities.
You may nominate beneficiaries to receive the proceeds of your investment in the Old Mutual Retirement Annuity Fund in the event of your death while you are still a member of the Fund.
Note that in terms of section 37C of the Pension Funds Act of 1956, the Board of Trustees is tasked with the equitable distribution of the benefit amongst your dependants and nominated beneficiaries. Although the Trustees will take your wishes expressed in this form into account, they are not bound by them but are also required to consider the claims of persons who were dependants, as defined by the Pension Funds Act, at the time of your death.
In order for the Trustees to have the most accurate information before them, it is important that you regularly update the beneficiaries you have nominated as your family circumstances change.
Download the beneficiary nomination form or advise the Fund in writing.
Please ensure your allocations for nominated beneficiaries total 100%. If not, and where you do not have any dependants, any balance of the benefit payable will be paid to your estate. Also, the nomination of your estate is unlikely to be upheld in the event that you have dependants.
- Unit trusts offer you the flexibility to tailor a portfolio that suits your specific investment needs and time horizon.
- You can buy them direct or through a financial planner.
- You can access the stock exchange without needing knowledge or experience of investing in equities.
- The ability to diversify (spread) your investment across markets, sectors and economies greatly reduce your investment risk.
- Money invested in unit trusts is easily accessible, especially in times of emergency.
- Unit trusts are tax-efficient, providing tax exemptions on interest income and capital gains tax.
- Unit trusts offer exciting capital growth opportunities over the medium to long-term.
- Online transactional capability: you can buy, sell and switch units in your portfolio online.
If you leave your investment for a long period of time, the investment not only grows each year, but grows exponentially. The interest is called compound interest, and is the key to long-term growth and wealth.
Compounding simply means making on your original investment as well as on the gains made the following years (i.e. growth on growth over time). In short, as your money makes money, so it should make more, a relatively simple concept that, over time, Is hugely beneficial.
Unit trusts are an affordable and a simple way to save for your retirement because they offer you the choice and flexibility to invest in funds that are suited to your life stage. You can build a retirement portfolio of unit trusts to supplement your retirement savings, or you can enjoy all these benefits and more if you invest in the Old Mutual Unit Trusts Retirement Annuity Fund. Whichever you choose, remember it is best to start early – discover the value of time in the market.
Time is money and we’re not about to waste yours. With our swift and simple online application process, you can apply to invest from your work desk, from home or even when you’re on vacation – whenever it suits you best.