Invest with faith
A complete Shari’ah solution
We are proud to offer you four expertly managed and designed Shari’ah compliant funds spanning across different asset classes: the Old Mutual Albaraka Income Fund, Old Mutual Albaraka Balanced Fund, Old Mutual Albaraka Equity Fund, and the Old Mutual Global Islamic Equity Feeder Fund.
Old Mutual Albaraka Income Fund - This fund is a Shari’ah compliant multi-asset income fund that offers investors access to local and international asset classes including equity, liquid assets and non-equity securities, such as sukuks (Islamic bonds).
Old Mutual Albaraka Balanced Fund - This moderately aggressive asset allocation fund invests in local and international asset classes.
Old Mutual Albaraka Equity Fund - This fund provides investors with the opportunity to invest in equities listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE).
Old Mutual Global Islamic Equity Feeder Fund - A global equity fund that invests in Shari’ah compliant equities listed primarily in developed markets worldwide.
- Interest-based money lending transactions (no money market or bond investments may be used)
- Conventional insurance business in any form in terms of insurance legislation
- Embryonic or stem cell research and cloning
- The manufacture, sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Nightclubs, pornography and gambling, including companies with interests in casinos
- The sale of non-Halaal meat
- Trading of gold and silver as cash on a deferred basis
- Weapons Manufacture and Military Funding
These principles govern Islamic investment funds and prohibit trading in the shares of companies whose core business constitutes non-permissible activities such as: