Yes, tax free
- You can invest R36 000 tax free each year, to a maximum of R500 000 in your lifetime. You pay no tax on interest income or dividends earned or realised capital gains.
- Tax free savings accounts are part of the government’s drive to encourage people to invest and save more for their future.
- Because of our commitment to contributing in growing our economy through savings, Old Mutual offers tax free unit trusts investments. These unit trusts are a great way to save for your goals, because any interest, dividends or capital gains will be free of tax.
- Tax free savings also have the same flexibility as ordinary unit trusts as one can save a lumpsum as a once off or commit to regular premiums. You can withdraw funds anytime you choose, but it’s not advisable to do so as this may prevent you from achieving your goals. In addition, making withdrawals will have an impact on your lifetime tax free savings limit.
Unit trusts use the combined money of investors to invest in global stock markets and economies. This money is managed by investment professionals, called portfolio managers, who buy shares and other asset classes on behalf of their clients, according to the unit trusts mandate. Whether you’re investing via our secure site or through your financial planner, it is important that you understand what you are buying.
- Unit trusts offer you the flexibility to tailor a portfolio that suits your specific investment needs and time horizon.
- You can buy them direct or through a financial planner.
- You can access the stock exchange without needing knowledge or experience of investing in equities.
- The ability to diversify (spread) your investment across markets, sectors and economies greatly reduce your investment risk.
- Money invested in unit trusts is easily accessible, especially in times of emergency.
- Unit trusts are tax-efficient, providing tax exemptions on interest income and capital gains tax.
- Unit trusts offer exciting capital growth opportunities over the medium to long-term.
- Online transactional capability: you can buy, sell and switch units in your portfolio online.
If you leave your investment for a long period of time, the investment not only grows each year, but grows exponentially. The interest is called compound interest, and is the key to long-term growth and wealth.
Compounding simply means making on your original investment as well as on the gains made the following years (i.e. growth on growth over time). In short, as your money makes money, so it should make more, a relatively simple concept that, over time, Is hugely beneficial.
Did you know that when investing, your money is working for you through a simple concept called compounding growth?
Whether you need a low risk or income-focused fund, a higher risk fund aiming to maximise growth or seeking global exposure, we have a solution for you.
Your Goals. Our Solutions.
The Tools give you some insight into what type of investor you are. It is not sufficiently comprehensive to qualify as investment advice and you should consult your Financial Planner for more information.
How much do I need to save and invest?
InvestRight is a simple, interactive and free guide to help establish how much a person will need to save and invest to meet their financial goals, be they short-, medium- or long term.
View general fund information, prices (table & graphing tool), performance, declarations and investment minimums.
Time is money and we’re not about to waste yours. With our swift and simple online application process, you can apply to invest from your work desk, from home or even when you’re on vacation – whenever it suits you best.
It's easier than ever to invest.