Invest for your goalWhen deciding on the most suitable unit trusts, it is important to know how long you have, to reach your goals. Short-term goals needing to be met within one to three years may require lower-risk funds, while longer-term goals can be met through higher risk/higher return funds. Saving to buy a home is generally regarded as a medium-term (three to five years) goal.
This select range of unit trust funds is handpicked to meet the different risk and return needs of investors at any stage of life.
- Unit trusts offer you the flexibility to tailor a portfolio that suits your specific investment needs and time horizon.
- You can buy them direct or through a financial planner.
- You can access the stock exchange without needing knowledge or experience of investing in equities.
- The ability to diversify (spread) your investment across markets, sectors and economies greatly reduce your investment risk.
- Money invested in unit trusts is easily accessible, especially in times of emergency.
- Unit trusts are tax-efficient, providing tax exemptions on interest income and capital gains tax.
- Unit trusts offer exciting capital growth opportunities over the medium to long-term.
- Online transactional capability: you can buy, sell and switch units in your portfolio online.
If you leave your investment for a long period of time, the investment not only grows each year, but grows exponentially. The interest is called compound interest, and is the key to long-term growth and wealth.
Compounding simply means making on your original investment as well as on the gains made the following years (i.e. growth on growth over time). In short, as your money makes money, so it should make more, a relatively simple concept that, over time, Is hugely beneficial.
No matter what you're investing for, finding out how much money you need to put away each month is the first step to a prosperous tomorrow. the INVESTRIGHT investment calculator will help you calculate how much you need to save to make your goals a reality.
Time is money and we’re not about to waste yours. With our swift and simple online application process, you can apply to invest from your work desk, from home or even when you’re on vacation – whenever it suits you best.