Retirement independenceThis could well be one of the most important things you do with your money.
Old Mutual’s unit trust-linked retirement products offer you a cost-effective and transparent way to secure your future financial wellbeing.
Whether you need to maximise capital growth or receive a regular income, you can tailor your choice of unit trusts to meet your specific needs. You also have the flexibility to switch between funds as your needs and time horizons change.
Invest in your goalWhen deciding on the most suitable unit trusts, it is important to know how long you have to reach your goals and, once in retirement, how much income you will be needing to draw. To choose the right funds for your investment goals and to better understand the risk and return profile of funds, read WHY INVEST IN UNIT TRUSTS.
The Old Mutual Investment Series offers a solution for every investor, for every stage of life. Our core range of 10 selected investments, offer you a solution to help you reach your financial goals at every stage of your unique life journey.
- If you are retrenched or resign, you need a place to preserve and grow the proceeds of your previous employer’s pension or provident fund. The Old Mutual Preservation Pension Fund accepts the proceeds of pension funds, while the Old Mutual Preservation Provident Fund accepts the proceeds of provident funds.
- As it is a unit trust-linked investment you can tailor your portfolio to suit your specific needs, and benefit from the ability to switch between unit trusts to restructure your portfolio as your investor profile changes. Access to our Investment Series as well as our range of over 40 unit trusts enables you to diversify your investment across regions, sectors and economies. Your transfers in are untaxed.
- These funds only accept lump sum investments and you may not make ad hoc or top-up investments.
- You may access your capital prior to retirement, as determined by the product rules.
- Download the Old Mutual Preservation Funds Brochure for more information.
- PRESERVE YOUR FUNDS NOW - complete the application form or speak to your financial planner.
If you leave your investment for a long period of time, the investment not only grows each year, but grows exponentially. The interest is called compound interest, and is the key to long-term growth and wealth.
Compounding simply means making on your original investment as well as on the gains made the following years (i.e. growth on growth over time). In short, as your money makes money, so it should make more, a relatively simple concept that, over time, Is hugely beneficial.
Finding the right retirement product to help you plan for your retirement is one of the most important aspects of financial planning. This is because the amount you manage to save and invest wisely while you are earning will determine your retirement income, and therefore your quality of life. This includes the food you eat, the type of home you can live in, the holidays you can afford to take and the quality of your medical care.
Unit trusts are an affordable and a simple way to save for your retirement because they offer you the choice and flexibility to invest in funds that are suited to your life stage. You can build a retirement portfolio of unit trusts to supplement your retirement savings, or you can enjoy all these benefits and more if you invest in the Old Mutual Unit Trusts Retirement Annuity Fund. Whichever you choose, remember it is best to start early – discover the value of time in the market.
No matter what you're investing for, finding out how much money you need to put away each month is the first step to a prosperous tomorrow. the INVESTRIGHT investment calculator will help you calculate how much you need to save to make your goals a reality.
Time is money and we’re not about to waste yours. With our swift and simple online application process, you can apply to invest from your work desk, from home or even when you’re on vacation – whenever it suits you best.