Imfundo Trust Scholarship Programme
As part of our commitment to the country’s transformation and to Old Mutual’s economic transformation strategy – with education and skills development as one of its critical pillars – Old Mutual Investment Group and its affiliates Futuregrowth and Marriott, established the Imfundo Trust in 2011.
Imfundo means “education” in Nguni. True to its name, the Imfundo Trust helps address South Africa’s shortage of black investment professionals. With a bias towards black women and individuals from peri-urban areas, Imfundo aims to grow the pool of suitably qualified individuals in the asset management industry by providing academic bursaries.
If you answer “yes” to these questions, then this programme is for you!
Why join us?
This scholarship programme finances deserving black students’ tertiary education. It aims to develop black investment professionals, with a bias towards black women and students from peri-urban areas. This full scholarship covers tuition, books, accommodation and meals, as well as providing spending money.
What's in it for you?
- Tuition and accommodation costs are covered in full
- You receive a book and spending allowance
- You have access to ICAS for psychosocial support
- You will be under a mentorship programme from 3rd year onwards.
Do you qualify?
To be considered for a scholarship, you must be:
- A South African citizen
- Currently in grade 12 or in your first year at university (with the exception of postgraduate Climate Studies)
- Grade 12 applicants must have achieved an average of at least 70% in their mid-year examinations, with a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and 70% in English FAL or 60% in English HL
- First year university applicants must have achieved an average of at least 65% in their mid-year examinations
- Applicants from rural and township backgrounds will be given preference.
- Business, Commerce, Finance and Management Sciences/Studies
- Computer Science and related qualifications (e. g. Computational Thinking)
- Data Science
- Climate Studies (postgraduate)
Our Partner Universities:
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.